Are you wondering how the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) can help your client, consumer, or family member?
ADRCs offer 4 core services as explained below. ADRCs are a community collaboration of service providers and other partners working together to improve the ways in which consumers access and receive services. Consumers of any age, disability, or income level can contact any one ADRC partner organization to access a wide array of Long-Term Services and Support options offered by ADRC partners in the community.
Enhanced Information and Referral
- Provides access to E I&A through multiple points of entry and a warm hand off.
- Alliance of Information and Referrals Systems (AIRS) certified staff.
- Provides comprehensive and trusted information to people of any age, disability type and income level/source.
- Includes follow-up to ensure quality referrals.
Person-Centered Options Counseling
Counseling provided by trained staff using person-centered practices that provide consumers guidance and assistance in their deliberations to make informed choices about Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS).
Person-Centered Options Counseling includes the following components:
- Personal Interview to discover the consumers’ strengths, values, and preferences.
- Decision Support including fact finding and the weighing of pros and cons resulting in facilitated decision making.
- Personalized Action Steps detailing consumers goals.
- Follow-Up to evaluate action plan success or the need for changes/plan adjustments.
Short-Term Service Coordination
- Short-Term Service Coordination is personalized service coordination for the purpose of stabilizing a situation for individuals whose health, safety and welfare are at risk.
- Assistance to prevent unnecessary admittance to emergency department or institutional placement.
- Usually lasts 90 days or less.
- After stabilization of consumer’s emergency, referral to options counseling for LTSS planning is available.
Transitions from Long-Term Nursing Facility to Community
- Transition Services support a person with information, decision support and coordination of multiple services in order to successfully move from a health care facility back to a community home.
- Includes both hospital/acute care to home, as well as nursing facility to home.